Wednesday, May 25, 2011

BUSY night!

May 25th, 2011
32 weeks old

Why is it that when one fun thing is scheduled, 5 fun things are scheduled?  We may go for awhile with nothing out of the ordinary on the calendar.  Then...one day...there will be 5 things.  Personally, I am not very good at picking and choosing so I usually try to figure out how I can do it all.  With a bit of planning it can be done!  Okay...it doesn't always work out as nicely as it did tonight, but I do what I can.

The day of craziness began during the last class of the day.  I had a sub come into my room.  So...I got my sub plans ready, greeted my class, and got them going so I could sneak out to head back to the middle school.  At the middle school I presented the awards for middle school French students at their award banquet.  They put us first on the agenda so that I could sneak back out and zoom back over to the high school where Nick was waiting for me in the parking lot with Nolan.  The high school was having their celebration of all of the babies and marriages that had occurred during the year.  There were 11 babies born to FHS faculty this year!  WOWZERS!  It was fun to meet all of the little ones and to show off our bundle of joy.

From there, we headed up to Bloomington for a picnic.  I taught at the Bloomington Campus of Minnehaha Academy for 5 years before coming to Farmington.  Unfortunately, Minnehaha Academy has decided to merge their two lower schools so they are closing the building I called home.  It was wonderful to reconnect with former colleagues and families.  I couldn't believe how old my former students were.  Some of them were in college!!!  It seems like they were in elementary school yesterday.

So you would think that would be enough for one night, but we weren't done yet.  We zoomed back down to Apple Valley for our ECFE class.  It was the last class of the session and Nolan's teacher Nancy is retiring at the end of the school year so we didn't want to miss our last night with her.  She is AMAZING!  We are sad that she is leaving but feel truly fortunate that we have been able to have her as Nolan's teacher for the past several months.

Nolan and his teacher, Nancy!  We are going to miss her!

Nolan and his good buddy

Nolan was the oldest in the class.

All of the babies sitting up

Tummer Time and all of the mommies!

No comments: