Saturday, November 13, 2010

Neighborhood Party

November 13th, 2010
4 weeks old

We recently moved to Apple Valley and really like our neighborhood.  Well, I guess if you count a year "recent".  We have had the opportunity to meet several of our neighbors over the past year, and everyone has been really nice.  We are so fortunate to live in a neighborhood with such great people.  You research and select a house that you like, but it is hard to really know what the neighborhood is like until you live there for awhile. 

Our next door neighbors offered to host a get together so that we could meet a few more neighbors and introduce Nolan.  It was really nice to have time to visit and get to know the people who live nearby.  Our hosts put together a nice luncheon and many people actually brought us gifts!  I couldn't believe the generosity of people we have only met a couple of times...if at all!

The day of the party, Nick ran to Target, the pharmacy, and the post office for us.  We had a few things we needed.  We had thought about going the night before, but we were too cozy hanging out at home.  Well, we should have gone the night before as a huge snowstorm hit.  Nick had to go because we needed a few things.  Well, it took him 45 minutes to get home from Target (a 3 minute drive).  The "extra hot" latte he had picked up for me was no longer "extra hot", but I sure appreciated all that he did!  What a GREAT husband! When he did make it back he got stuck at the end of the driveway.  Needless to say he was a bit late to the party as he had to dig the car out.  I wish I had gotten a picture of the car.  These days the only subject I think of taking pictures of is Nolan!!!

Nolan and our neighbor, Julie!  Julie used to work as an infant teacher in a daycare so she really has the touch.

No comments: