Sunday, October 31, 2010

Mommy's little pumpkin / Halloween

October 31st, 2010
2 weeks old

One of my favorite nicknames for Nolan is pumpkin.  I am not sure what that will do for his street cred when he is a bit older, but he is mommy's little pumpkin!  It is quite convenient that his birthday is in early October so I can get away with dressing him up like a pumpkin on a regular basis.  I am sure that you will agree that he looks ADORABLE in his different pumpkin outfits. 

For Halloween, we weren't quite sure how I would feed Nolan and give out candy.  Nick wasn't going to be able to help out, Grandma Kothe had to work so Grandpa Kothe had to give out candy to the children of North Saint Paul.  Grandma Pat and Grandpa Tom thought about coming down but needed to stay home so that they could vote on Tuesday (long drive just for Halloween).  Fortunately, Aunt Katie came to the rescue.  She brought dinner for me (THANKS!) and we tag teamed for the night.  Aunt Katie enjoyed snuggles with Nolan when he wasn't eating and whoever wasn't holding or feeding mommy's little pumpkin handed out candy.  I truly couldn't have done it without her because Nolan decided that Halloween made him extra hungry. 

As a side note, I went back and forth on what to pass out for Halloween.  I thought about getting fruit snacks or bags of pretzels.  I even contemplated buying small containers of play dough.  Nick vetoed those ideas saying that he didn't want to be "that house" or "clean egg off of his house" following Halloween.  So, we were back to candy.  I then debated whether to get Kit Kat's and Reece's Peanut Butter Cups because I LOVE them or NOT to get them because I LOVE them.  I decided to get them and it may have been a mistake.  I was told to plan for about 60 kids and we maybe had 25.  This means lots of extra candy around the house, and my self control is not very strong. 

Flashback photo to 12 days old.  Nolan's PJs have pumpkins all over them and say "Mommy's Little Pumpkin"!

Already posted this photo, but Nolan is truly too cute to scare (Thanks cousin Gavin for the outfit!)

Mommy and Nolan had a little photo session with Nolan's first pumpkin

It can be a bit challenging to take a photo of someone sitting when they are unable to sit for themselves

"Are we done yet, mom"  (Thank you cousin Gavin for the cute tshirt!)


Hanging out with daddy in my costume

Another photo session with mommy

Snuggling with my Aunt Katie waiting for Trick or Treaters

Mommy's Little Pumpkin

No comments: